As more people receive COVID-19 vaccinations, their thoughts, naturally, turn to travel. So, with that in mind, Plunge Beach Resort in Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, Fl., has created a “Vacci-cation” Package for vaccinated travelers seeking an off-the-beaten-path vacation destination that’s easy, affordable, and directly on the sands of the Atlantic Ocean. The package includes:
- 10 percent off best available rates
- Two welcome “Vaxi-tini’s’’ at Backflip Beach Bar or Octopus Gastro Pub
- $30 Food & Beverage credit redeemable at Backflip Beach Bar or Octopus Gastro Pub
- Access to hotel amenities, including fitness center, two pools, beach loungers and umbrellas, sand volleyball courts, and other beach games
This offer is bookable until May 31, 2021, and available for travel until December 23, 2021. Bookings must be made online using promo code vacci.
“South Florida is kind of an anomaly, especially the beach front hotels, for what’s been going on around the country,’’ said Plunge Beach Resort General Manager Tom Mulroy. “Anything that’s along the ocean is well out-performing anything else.
“That’s a combination of people itching to travel and pent-up demand. People can’t travel internationally yet, so we’re an alternative to a Caribbean vacation. Also, by being outside at the beachfront, people feel a lot safer than in a regular hotel environment.’’
One of my favorite South Florida boutique hotels, Plunge Beach Resort features 163 guest rooms, Beach Bungalows, and two signature restaurants and cafe – Backflip Beach Bar, Octopus Gastro Pub (open Friday, Saturday and Sunday) and Bean & Barnacle.
Plunge Beach Resort also created three new packages as a result of the changing needs of travelers due to the pandemic:
- Bungalow Buyouts – Allows groups to buyout the Beach Bungalows for private events and the ultimate private beach getaway
- Working-By-The-Sea – Repositioned the hotel’s 163 rooms and meeting spaces to day-use offices with WiFi covering guests at the pool and private beach. $79/day
- Teaching & Beaching – Aimed at helping parents seeking remote learning options while on the road with their young scholars. $79/day
The hotel has also opened 740 square feet of new meeting space that offers unique group options designed to help businesses create interactive and experiential meetings, as well as provides flexible indoor and outdoor space for meetings and weddings.
“We’ve already done four wedding in there, along with meetings,’’ Mulroy said. “There is enough space for us to easily distance, so people feel comfortable.’’
Photo Credit: Plunge Beach Resort