As travel restrictions begin to lift and consumers once again look forward to vacationing safely, Seven Stars Resort & Spa, Grace Bay Beach – one of Turks & Caicos’ more acclaimed independent resorts – is helping to lead the island’s anticipated re-opening to visitors with an expanded set of new practices, policies and offerings.
Ahead of Turks & Caicos’ recent announcement to re-open the airports on July 22, 2020, Seven Stars Resort & Spa was busy getting ready to welcome back visitors with enhanced procedures, new amenity offerings and more relaxed booking policies, including its new Clean Stay Promise and Anywhere Dining program.
Meanwhile, new special offers and booking policies will allow for more flexible cancellation policies available for travel through Dec.19, 2020. These include no or reduced minimum stay requirements on its most popular offers, and no-penalty cancellation policies up to 24-hours prior to arrival.
Seven Stars Resort & Spa features an open-air lobby, spacious guest rooms, two salt-water pools, restaurants and lush grounds.
Here is what guests can expect:
Seven Stars Resort & Spa ‘Clean Stay Promise’ Sanitization Measures
• Advance check-in formalities via email and online to reduce “front desk” time upon arrival
• All guests to receive a temperature check upon arrival using an infrared “no touch” thermometer
• Guests to receive a Seven Stars Resort & Spa care kit at check in containing hand sanitizer
• Face masks to be provided for those guests who do not have their own
• Guest luggage to be cleaned and disinfected upon arrival
• Guests provided with swabs upon request to clean and sanitize phones and/or credit cards
• Hand sanitizer readily accessible throughout the property
• Public spaces – from elevators, pool rails and loungers to the resort’s fleet of bikes and watersports’ equipment – to under-go strict sanitization protocols after each use, at regular intervals throughout the day, and overnight
• The Spa at Seven Stars Resort & Spa – use of masks by staff, and guest touch-free temperature checks prior to treatment. Guests and staff also required to wear a mask during mani/pedis, and guests required to shower prior to body treatments
‘Anywhere Dining’ and Food & Beverage Practices
• Seven Stars Resort & Spa is pleased to roll out its new Anywhere Dining Program which allows guests to enjoy a private dining experience virtually anywhere around the resort, including in Seven Stars’ private cabanas, on the beach, on The West Deck, and in-suite
• New private dining room, The Tasting Room and soon-to-open Rooftop Garden – an intimate, open-air dining space – provide guests with additional, exclusive and intimate dining venues options
• Guests can also stock up on snacks and essentials at the resort’s Gourmet Shop and nearby Grace Bay Market
• New single-use menus, digital menus (online), and a new QR code system allow guests to make selections easily and with little to no contact when placing orders at Seven Restaurant, The Deck, or from the pools and beach
• Reduction in tables and seating throughout all lounging areas, on the beach, pools, and food and beverage outlets
• Guests will have ready access to hand sanitizer gel and wipes at all food and beverage outlets
• Staff required to wear masks while serving and preparing food and drinks
• Enhanced sanitization measures in the kitchen and back-of-house receiving areas
• Single-use containers, straws, napkins and coasters in place as part of Seven Stars Resort’s property-wide eco-friendly practices also support new guest safety procedures while being kind to the environment
Additional measures are also in place across the following areas with changes made to some of the resort’s signature services and offerings:
• Daily laundry, housekeeping, and nightly turn-down service offered upon request
• Hand sanitizer will be placed in suites
• Special attention by housekeeping to all switches, appliance controls, doorknobs, counter tops, faucets and remotes
• Advanced cleaning products used throughout
Reduced Capacity to Allow Greater Physical Distancing
• All activities and excursions restricted to families and private groups
• Maximum six guests permitted at a time in fitness center with sanitization of equipment every 30 minutes
Changes to Some of Seven Stars Resorts’ Guest Offerings
• Breakfast Buffet – Seven Stars’ complimentary breakfast buffet will be replaced by a la carte table service provided by resort staff
• All books, magazines, games, and videos throughout the resort’s lobby and guest rooms have been removed
• Daily newspaper delivery service is now “paperless”
Seven Stars Resort & Spa recently celebrated 10 years as one of Turks & Caicos’ top resorts. In 2019, the resort began rolling out more than $12 million in property wide capital improvements, which included the full re-design of its 167 expansive suites and living room lobby; the addition of a second adult pool; upgrades and renovations to its fitness center; an expansion of its spa and boutique; and most recently the opening of its private dining room, The Tasting Room.
Photo Credit: Seven Stars Resort & Spa