There’s nothing good about the Coronavirus, but here’s an opportunity to get outdoors and forget – at least for a while – a world gone a bit mad.
For a limited time, Innisbrook Resort in Palm Harbor, Fla., is offering a special “Tournament Package” through March 24 starting at $199 per person. A portion of rate will be donated to local charities supported by the tournament. The resort’s famed Copperhead course was supposed to the site of next week’s PGA Tour Valspar Championship, but the Tour won’t play again for at least another three weeks because of concern over the Coronavirus.
For 25 years, Copperhead – architect Larry Packard’s masterpiece – has played host to a professional event and is a favorite of many PGA Tour players. Its closing three holes – known as the Snake Pit – are among the more difficult holes on the Tour.
The Tournament Package includes:
• Overnight accommodations
• One round of golf on Copperhead
• Second round, same-day play on one of Innisbrook’s other three golf courses at only $35 per player
• Unlimited use of practice facilities
• Tee time booked at time of reservation
• $10 merchandise certificate
• Club storage and locker room service