Recently opened Caribbean-American fusion restaurant, Steelpan at the Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach hotel, is now offering an elevated happy hour experience with live music, oceanfront views and a discounted menu of handcrafted cocktails and light bites inspired by the multi-cultural island flavors of South Florida.
With happy hour available every day of the week from 4 to 7 p.m. Steelpan’s “Signature Sips” menu features $6 tropical cocktails, such as the Coco Loco; the Mai Captain – a spin on the classic Mai Thai; and the Blue Lagoon. Adding to its beverage offerings, discounted beer and wines by the glass are available as well, during happy hour. A “Beach Bites” menu includes selections such as coconut shell ceviche, Blue Mountain Coffee-dusted burrata, and ahi tuna poke, are offered for $7 each.
To further heighten the overall experience, Steelpan is now launching a live music program on select days throughout the week, welcoming musicians from varied backgrounds. The current schedule includes:
• Wednesdays from 5 to 8 p.m., guests are treated to a fun evening of throwback tunes that evoke the spirit of youth.
• Fridays from 5 to 8 p.m., diners are provided a culturally infused evening filled with the rhythm of steel drums – reflecting the Caribbean-American spirit of Steelpan.
• Turn up the volume on Saturdays with sultry Latin music from 6 to 9 p.m.
In addition, Steelpan is now offering an all-day “Daily Rehab” menu that boasts a signature drink each day for $6. Options include:
• Mondays: Rum Therapy (dark rum, pineapple & orange juice, cream of coconut)
• Tuesdays: Bellini Moonshiners (Prosecco, moonshine, mango, fresh mint, lime juice)
• Wednesdays: Island Sangria (red wine, tropical fruit, splash of rum)
• Thursdays: Toasted Frozen Coconut Mojito (Blanco rum, coconut milk, fresh mint, lime juice)
• Fridays: Sky Juice (gin, coconut water, condensed milk)
• Saturdays: Frosé (slushy rose wine, berry puree)
• Sundays: Pineapple Ginger Prosecco (Prosecco, pineapple puree, cilantro, splash of tequila)
“Steelpan was created to cater not only to our hotel guests, but also our local community,” said Eduardo Fernandez, general manager of Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach. “Our hotel has recently gone through quite a few changes, and we’re excited to roll out new programs and events that complement our unparalleled views of the ocean and chef-inspired fare, making an impact on the Fort Lauderdale social scene and giving our visitors and neighbors a new experience.”
Photo: Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach