Three celebrity chefs are headlining Chef Week at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa at The Islands of Loreto, Jan. 16-20. As part of the event, unique cooking demonstrations and exotic dinners will be featured at the resort located in a stunning setting on the east coast of Mexico’s Baja Peninsula, on the shores of Danzante Bay.
The celebrity chefs are:
• Manouschka Guerrier is a former model who has become one of Hollywood’s premier celebrity chefs. Guerrier has made numerous television appearances on programs such as the Food Network’s “Kitchen Inferno.” She includes Barbra Streisand, Drake, Josh Brolin, Kim Kardashian and Lance Bass among her celebrity clients.
• Keith Breedlove, best known by his nickname “Culinerdy,” has etched his reputation in the culinary world with his gourmet food truck, Culinerdy Cruzer. Located in Elk Grove, near California’s state capitol Sacramento, the food truck is covered in pictures of comic book characters, lawn gnomes, and Star Wars statues. Breedlove and the Cruzer are renowned for their incredible burgers and flash-fried brussels sprouts. Breedlove was previously executive chef at several Hilton Hotels, executive chef and cookbook contributor for Nordstrom’s Café Bistro, and a corporate executive chef for two of Guy Fieri’s eateries.
• Gerardo Garcia Martinez, a product of Mexico City, is a well-traveled kitchen master who boasts an enviable reputation in Mexico where he is widely praised for his sumptuous dishes and world-class flavors. The executive chef at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa had the opportunity to work with and assist some of the legends of the Mexican culinary scene: Olivier Lombart, Thierry Doufort and Vicente Etchegaray.
Chef Week begins Jan. 16 with a welcome cocktail reception and introduction of the special guest chefs. The four days will offer an array of cooking demonstrations, plus specially themed on-property dinners prepared by Guerrier, Breedlove and Garcia.
The dinner lineup features a five-course dinner at Danzante Fine Dining restaurant; four-course Italian dinner at Casa Mia restaurant; beach party with a bountiful buffet on the resort’s beach; Mexican Fiesta at The Market Restaurant; and capped with a spectacular Sunday Brunch.
The Chef Week All-Inclusive package includes:
• four nights lodging accommodations (Wednesday-Saturday) in a luxurious deluxe suite; and
• participation in dinners, demonstrations and receptions.
The All-Inclusive plan rate is $846 per person, per night, based on double occupancy. There also is a European Plan package rate for $681 person/night/double occupancy, which includes many of the same amenities.
Villa del Palmar at The Islands of Loreto is a luxury destination resort on the Sea of Cortez, off the eastern coast of the Baja Peninsula overlooking Danzante Island. Flanked by the rugged Sierra de la Giganta range, the resort features 181 one-, two-, and three-bedroom suites with terraces and stunning ocean and mountain views, timeshare options, three restaurants offering gourmet dining, an English-speaking staff, five swimming pools, the 39,000 square-foot Sabila Spa and Wellness Center, two tennis courts, beautiful beaches, and a mild and warm climate year-round.
Photos: Villa del Palmar at The Islands of Loreto