Still looking around on where to celebrate Father’s Day, June 17? Here’s three great dining options in Palm Beach County:
Ouzo Bay, a Mediterranean restaurant with a strong Greek influence is offering a a Father’s Day brunch or dinner reservation. Located in Boca Raton’s Mizner Park’s, Ouzo Bay will host a special four-course prix fixe dinner and whiskey tasting event from 4:30 – 7:30 p.m. Each course will be paired with a sample of one of Clyde May’s whiskey selections.
Chef Andrew Donovan will showcase items including:
- Charcoaled Grilled Portuguese Octopus fava beans, duck fat potato, preserved lemon
- House Cured Duck Pastrami chicory, brown sugar brioche, smoked peach mostarda
- Porcini Crusted New York Striploin fricassee of wild mushrooms, potato gratin, bourbon au poivre
- Greek & Spanish Cheeses served with crostini
In addition, all dads will receive a welcome cocktail and a hand-rolled cigar.
The event is $85 per person and tickets are required to be pre-purchased at ouzobayfd.eventbrite.com.
All guests on Father’s Day will have the opportunity to order from Ouzo Bay’s à la carte and happy hour menus. Mays will also provide a complimentary tasting for all Ouzo Bay guests from 4:30 – 7:30 p.m.
For those looking to an earlier meal, brunch specials including Eggs Benedict, French Toast and handcrafted burgers will be offered. Reservations are strongly recommended.
The Locale, a new community bar and restaurant with a Latin flavor in Boca Raton, will serve free beer (with meals) for all dads celebrating.
Make a reservation for brunch or dinner and pair Chef Joshua Miranda’s Latin twists on American classics with your favorite brew. Menu highlights include:
- Latin Eggs Benedict fried sweet plantain, bacon, mozzarella, poached egg, yellow chili sauce, cilantro, served with roasted potatoes
- Breakfast Burger 100% angus blend, cheddar, bacon, fried egg, avocado, brioche bun
- Grilled Octopuscilantro aioli, smashed potatoes, chimichurri
- Coconut Ceviche shrimp + octopus, lime, jalapeños, orange, cherry tomatoes and plantain chips
- Faroe Island Salmon wild rice, asparagus, yogurt crema
The Locale boasts as serving South Florida’s coldest beer, as its special imported below-freezing brewery tap delivers a consistent pour at 28°F daily. Its featured more than 35 beers from six countries.
In Delray Beach, Harvest Seasonal Grill & Wine Bar (www.harvestseasonalgrill.com) is offering a Bourbon & Steak pairing featuring cuts of steak paired with the Harvest Spring Bourbon cocktail with Basil Hayden’s, organic agave nectar, mint and lemon.
Among the menu offerings: the Impossible Vegan Burger served with bibb lettuce, tomato, red onion served on a vegan roll; or slice into a Grilled PA Grass-Fed Filet Mignon with tomatillo grilled asparagus, seasonal squash, sheep’s milk feta, roasted fingerling potatoes and chive pesto.
Photos: The Gab Group