The Greater Miami & the Beaches Hotel Association (GMBHA) has named Alex Tonarelli, Managing Director of Loews Miami Beach Hotel, as its 2018-2019 Chairman of the Board. Additionally, and to commemorate the organization’s recent centennial in 2017, the GMBHA has appointed several new Executive Board and Board of Directors members:
- Florencia Tabeni, MDM Group – Executive Board of Directors
- Steve Boucher, Boucher Brothers – Executive Board of Directors
- Chris Sariego, Delano Hotel – Board of Directors
- Mary Rogers, Fontainebleau Miami Beach – Board of Directors
- Ray Valentino, Hilton Miami Downtown & Resorts World Bimini – Board of Directors
- Florencia Rotemberg, JW Marriott Marquis Miami – Board of Directors
- Robert Lowe, Mandarin Oriental Miami – Board or Directors
- Valeria Nowotny, SBE Hotel Group – Board of Directors
- Keith Butz, The Confidante – Board of Directors
“I look forward to working with Alex, our Executive Board and the Board of Directors representing a diverse mix of hoteliers and industry partners this year. Together, with all of our members, we will continue to strengthen our voice locally, nationally and globally,” said Wendy Kallergis, president and CEO of the Greater Miami & the Beaches Hotel Association.
Under the leadership of Kallergis, Tonarelli and its 43 Executive Board and Board of Directors, the GMBHA serves as a vital industry resource, while building awareness for and advancing Greater Miami & the Beaches as the destination of choice for visitors from around the globe.
“The partnership and advocacy the GMBHA provides plays a critical role in promoting the interests of our members,” said Tonarelli. “I look forward to working with a great group of passionate hospitality leaders to support Wendy and the organization.”