There still is time to find an outstanding dining opportunities for Mom on Mother’s Day, May 13. Here are a few more of my favorites:
Junior’s Restaurant Mizner Park in Boca Raton will feature nine exclusive entrees and five desserts to order on Mother’s Day. Brunch menu items (8 a.m to 2 p.m.) will include:
- House Made Crepes filled with sliced bananas and chocolate
- Junior’s Griddle Cakes smothered in fresh berries and cream
- Feta, Tomato & Zucchini Frittata
Dinner menu (11 a.m. to 2 p.m.) will include:
- Shrimp Linguine with tomato and spinach in garlic wine sauce
- Roast Leg of Lamb with garlic mashed potatoes, honey glazed carrots
In addition, Junior’s is offering a special roster of sweets just for Mother’s Day:
- Mother’s Day Cupcake
- Ganache Covered Little Fella
- Ganache Covered Heart
- Red Velvet Layer Cake Heart
- Devil’s Food Cheesecake Heart
Harvest Seasonal Grill & Wine Bar in Delray Beach is a season-forward, farm-to-table eatery and wine bar owned by the Dave Magrogan Group with headquarters in Pennsylvania and South Florida.
From brunch to dinner, three inspired dishes by Executive Chef Bill Ring will be available to order for one day only.
- Smoked Salmon Benedict* spring onion leek fritter, poached egg, dill crema, pickled fresno chili, hollandaise, English muffin, Harvest salad
- Crab Cakes chili-corn remoulade, fried green tomato relish, smoked bacon & spring vegetable succotash, corn shoots, chive pesto
- Churrasco Steak & Eggs flat iron steak, chimichurri, fried egg, yucca-chorizo hash, lime, cilantro
Ouzo Bay, a social, Mediterranean restaurant with a strong Greek influence in Boca Raton’s Mizner Park, will serve a brunch, with each Mom receiving a Mimosa for just a penny with the purchase of any brunch menu entrée. The menu will include Baked Eggs Saganaki with tomato sauce and crispy pita; Nordic Cure with salmon gravlax and dill hollandaise; or Froutalia Egg Casserole with potatoes, sausage and greens.
In addition to offering its usual dinner menu of Greek-influenced Mediterranean cuisine, Ouzo Bay is crafting two exclusive specials available to order on Mother’s Day. Enjoy the following dishes from Chef Andrew Donovan:
- 1 ½ lb Butter Poached Maine Lobster whipped parsnip, charred asparagus, carrot vinaigrette
- Pan Roasted Duck Breast sugar snap peas, wilted dandelion greens, balsamic-port duck jus
Saiko-i Sushi Lounge & Hibachi Restaurant in Boca Raton will offer Moms a special Heart Sushi Roll and complimentary martini from noon – 10 p.m. The Heart Roll features spicy tuna on the inside, wrapped with fresh tuna on the outside.
Square One, a New American restaurant and local meeting spot in Boca Raton, will have four exclusive menu items available for all guests to order all day on May 13.
In addition to Square One’s full menu, Chef Jon Greening has a quartet of all-day breakfast dishes ranging from sweet to savory that will be available to order only on Mother’s Day. Menu items include:
- House Made Cinnamon Rolls with cream cheese icing
- King Crab Omelet asparagus, crème fraiche, mixed green salad
- Smoked Salmon Benedict crispy potato cake, dill hollandaise, fresh berry salad
- E.C. Breakfast Pizza Neuske’s bacon, farm egg, aged cheddar, mozzarella, scallion
Each Mom will receive a complimentary Mimosa or Bellini alongside her meal.
The Locale, East Boca’s New American community bar and restaurant with a touch of celebrated Latin flavor, will launch its new Sunday brunch menu of Latin-inspired dishes on May 13 from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Be the first to explore and enjoy The Locale’s new menu over a complimentary signature Bellini for all moms, with 12 new Latin-inspired dishes.
- Broken Toston smashed fried green plantain, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses, scrambled egg, scallions
- Beef Hash stir fried beef potato hash, peppers, onions, served with two sunny side up eggs
- Bacon Fried Rice crispy bacon, soy sauce fried rice, fried egg, scallions
- Locale Omelette onions, tomato, peppers, mushrooms, ham, cheddar cheese, served with roasted potatoes
- Parfait Greek yogurt, homemade pistachio granola, fresh fruit
- Croissant Sandwich butter croissant, scrambled egg, ham, cheese, served with roasted potatoes
- Aji Chicken Empanada fried empanada stuffed with shredded chicken, yellow chili sauce
- Croque Madame ham and cheese sandwich topped with béchamel sauce, fried egg
Photos: The Gab Group