For those looking for holiday (and beyond) travel opportunities, here’s some good cheer from some of my favorite golf resorts and destinations:
“Festive Memories” at Montage Palmetto Bluff — Bluffton, S.C.
Available through Dec. 30, 2017 — rates starting at $350/night.
Located within a 20,000-acre coastal nature preserve in the heart of South Carolina’s Lowcountry, Montage Palmetto Bluff is offering a two-night holiday escape.
- Accommodations in an Inn Room, Guest House or Cottage
- Special festive arrival amenity
- Breakfast daily ($60 credit)
- Cozy throw
- Two complimentary cocktails from Octagon Bar and Gathering Place for enjoying by the fire pits
- Complimentary s’mores nightly
“60 Days of Holiday Cheer” at The Greenbrier Resort — White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia
Available through Jan. 4, 2018
Now through New Year’s, The Greenbrier celebrates “60 Days of Holiday Cheer,” when the resort is adorned with 120,000 Christmas lights, 2,000 Poinsettias, more than 100 Christmas trees and a 2,000-pound chocolate display.
If getting away during the holidays is too hard, from Jan. 5 – March 5, 2018, “Wintertime at The Greenbrier” presents 10 weeks of seasonal foods and wine, festive entertainment and activities, with a weekend package starting at $699 including:
- $200 resort spending credit
- Daily breakfast in the Main Dining Room
- Admission to live musical events, family entertainment, comedy shows and more
- Adventure Zone for children ages 3-10
- One hour shuttle to Winterplace Ski Resort
- Early check-in at 12pm Friday and late check out at 3pm Sunday
- Friday and Saturday nights based on double occupancy – does not include daily resort fee, taxes and historic preservation fund
“Hammock for the Holidays” at Hammock Beach Resort – Palm Coast, Fla.
Available through March 14, 2018, rates starting at $159
The oceanside resort – located between Daytona Beach and Jacksonville – recently re-opened its Jack Nicklaus-designed Ocean Course after a year-long renovation. The resort also has the terrific Tom Watson-designed Conservatory Course just a few miles away.
Here’s a look at some deals:
- Save 10% off 2 nights
- Save 15% off 3 nights, plus a $50 resort credit per stay
- Save 20% off 4 nights or more, plus a $100 resort credit per stay
“Seek the Weekend” at Orlando World Center Marriott — Orlando, Fla.
Bookable for stays now through Dec. 30, 2017 — rates starting at $143/night
One of Orlando’s landmark resorts is offering 20 percent savings and a $25 nightly resort credit (promo code P91). The resort features multiple restaurants, the Hawk’s Landing golf course, spa and Falls Pool Oasis.
Additionally, in the spirit of Christmas, there will be several festive events taking place throughout the property:
- “The Marriott Express” – 38 ft. chocolate train (displayed in the lobby all December)
- “Light Up The Night” laser shows at the Falls Pool Oasis (nightly, 9pm)
- Winter Wonderland, family-friendly activities at the GRID (Dec. 23-31, 11am – 2pm)
- “Sounds of the Season,” carolers singing classic holiday songs (Dec. 24-25, 12-4pm)
- Dive-In holiday movies by the pool (Dec. 26-31, 6pm)
- Visit and take pictures with Santa (Dec. 22-23 from 6-9pm / Dec. 24 from 5-9pm)
- Story-time with Santa, “Twas The Night Before Christmas” (Dec. 24, 7:30pm)
- House-made gingerbread cookies and hot chocolate kit delivery (Dec. 22-24, 6-8pm)
“Sip, Stay & Save” at Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate and Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort — Orlando and Amelia Island, Fla.
Available through Dec. 31, 2017
Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate and Omni Amelia Island Plantation each offer 15 percent off accommodations and an extended 1 p.m. checkout, as well as two specialty holiday cocktails (in conjunction with their 12 Days of Cocktails promotion). Additionally, for every booking made directly on OmniHotels.com, Omni Hotels & Resorts will make a donation to Feeding America® that provides dinner for a family of four.
The 12 Days of Cocktails has libations (and is available brand-wide) such as the:
- Partridge in a Pear Tree — with house made spiced pear puree for a sweet and slightly spicy flavor to the Mt. Gay Black Barrel Rum cocktail, garnished with a pear slice and dusted with cinnamon.
- Two Turtle Doves — an adult version of turtle candy, the sweet martini incorporates flavors of chocolate, caramel and nuts.
- Three French Hens — made with three French brands (Grey Goose, St. Germain Elderflower, Cointreau Orange Liqueur), squeezed orange, basil leaves, and club soda — sessionable and easy to drink.
- Four Calling Birds — The original 1780 version of the song referred to Colly Birds, which was later adapted to Calling Birds. In England, Colly Bird refers to a black bird, such as a crow or a raven. The color and garnish of this drink is a nod to the Colly Bird. Comprised of Chambord Black Raspberry, muddled blackberries, Jack Daniels and Omni Spiced Cranberry Puree.
“Dinner is Served” at Reunion Resort — Orlando, Fla.
Dec. 25, 2018
With vacation rentals that range from four to 12 bedrooms, Reunion is one of the great family resorts in Central Florida. The resort will be preparing traditional Christmas dishes and delivering them to a vacation home.
MEXICO + CARIBBEAN
“Bahama Beach Holiday” at Lighthouse Pointe at Grand Lucayan – Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas
Available now through Dec. 31, 2017
The Bahama Beach Holiday” offer includes:.
- Save up to 35% on an all-inclusive vacation that includes meals, premium drinks, entertainment and activities
- Stays Nov. 16 – Dec. 20, 2017 – rates start at $169 per person/night
- Stays Dec. 21 – Jan. 1, 2018 – rates start at $191 per person/night
- Kids 4 and younger stay for free, ages 5-12 receive 50% off starting rate
TPC Network Holiday Gift Packages
TPC’s Holiday Gift Packages offer bucket list golf at some of the PGA Tour’s most well-known courses, including TPC Sawgrass, home of THE PLAYERS Championship and TPC Scottsdale, host of the WM Phoenix Open.
Each holiday package, redeemable throughout the 2018 golf season, includes a round of golf, TPC merchandise and additional gifts hand-selected by courses, everything from food and beverage vouchers to a sleeve of premium logoed golf balls.
Additional information about what’s being offered at each course can be found through the links below:
- TPC Deere Run, host of the John Deere Classic
- TPC Harding Park, host of 2020 PGA Championship and The Presidents Cup 2025
- TPC Las Vegas, former host of PGA TOUR Champions Las Vegas Senior Classic and TOUR’s Shriner’s Hospitals for Children Open
- TPC Louisiana, host of Zurich Classic of New Orleans
- TPC Sawgrass, home of THE PLAYERS Championship
- TPC Scottsdale, host of Waste Management Phoenix Open
“Give the Gift of Classic Golf” at Innisbrook Golf Resort & Spa – Tampa, Florida
Available through Jan. 1, 2018
Located just 45 minutes west of Tampa, Fla., Innisbrook has four golf courses, including the famed Copperhead Course, Salamander Spa, Loch Ness Monster pool complex, complete with water slides, a tennis center and biking paths.
Here’s a look:
- Deluxe accommodations
- One round of golf per golfer per night of stay
- $10 per person Retail Credit in pro shop
- Advanced starting times at time of reservation
- Unlimited use of practice facilities
- Club storage and locker room service
- Unlimited fitness center access
NEW YEAR’S EVE
Hilton Waikoloa Village — Waikoloa, Hawaii
Ring in the New Year at the property’s Grand Ballroom on Sunday, Dec. 31 – featuring specialty dinner stations prepared by Executive Chef, Hans Lentz, a nine-piece band performing favorite classics, as well as a champagne toast and ball drop at midnight.