Summer 2017 has officially come and gone, but there are still plenty of opportunities for warm-weather golf. Here are some of my favorite Fairmont resorts with amazing golf courses and experiences:
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
- The resort recently refreshed its 69 Fairmont Gold Junior Suites with new Southwest chic furnishings that give the rooms a modern feel with clean lines in a cream palette. Nestled in a secluded enclave of the resort, the rooms are popular with golf travelers as many overlook the TPC Scottsdale Stadium Course, host site of the PGA TOUR’s Waste Management Phoenix Open, and offer private check-in, a dedicated concierge and an exclusive lounge serving breakfast and afternoon hors d’oeuvres daily.
- The resort’s Championship Golf Package includes overnight accommodations and one round of golf per adult guest, per paid night at TPC Scottsdale, home of the PGA TOUR’s Waste Management Phoenix Open, or Grayhawk Golf Club, former host of the PGA TOUR’s Frys.com Open. In addition, Fairmont’s President’s Club Members receive complimentary one-day admission to Well & Being Spa at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess for two adults. The package is valid year-round and based on availability. Fairmont Scottsdale Princess.
- Not only is Fairmont Mayakoba one of the host resorts of the PGA TOUR’s OHL Classic at Mayakoba, it also is home to one of the more spectacular beaches in the Caribbean, and that beach just got better. Through the implementation of a coastal rehabilitation project, the resort’s beach has nearly doubled in size, making it one of the largest beaches in the region. To enhance its beauty and strengthen the coastal dune, the beach, which borders two holes on the El Camaleon Golf Course, has been reforested with 70 mature palm trees and more than 22,000 endemic tropical plants. From a guest perspective, the beach now has 60 percent more beach chairs available (approximately 320) and is adding more water sports and beach activities to Fairmont Mayakoba’s entertainment program. The resort also will be enhancing its environmental programs, fortifying the coral reef and conducting turtle releases, as well as other educational experiences.
- The PGA Tour’s OHL Classic runs Nov. 6 to 12, but fans can get a taste of the action ahead of time with Fairmont Mayakoba’s Golf in Riviera Maya package. It includes accommodations and one round of golf per room, per night on the El Camaleon Golf Course. Fairmont President’s Club members receive a complimentary room-category upgrade. Rates start at just $345 per night, based upon availability and season. Guests may also customize their visits by adding an all-inclusive meal plan, airport transfers and more when booking the package. Fairmont Mayakoba.
- It’s always “Bermuda-shorts weather” at Fairmont Southampton, Bermuda. In fact, the famed hotel is guaranteeing it. If the temperature doesn’t reach “Bermuda-shorts” weather from November to March (71F in Nov and Dec. and 63F in Jan through March) the guest’s hotel room is free that night. Can’t get any better than that.
- For a small island nation, Bermuda has a tremendous selection of golf courses, including some of the very best in North America. Fairmont Southampton’s Golf Around Bermuda Eagle package gives travelers access to all of these, including the classic Mid-Ocean Golf Club. The package can be tailored for stays of three to 10 nights, and includes accommodations, daily breakfast, and golf at Mid-Ocean, Turtle Hill and the guest’s choice of Port Royal, Tuckers Point and Belmont Hills. The number of rounds and the rate are dependent upon season and length of stay. Golf course access is based upon availability. Fairmont Southampton.
Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn
- Fall is a great time to experience the warmth and charm of California’s spectacular Wine Country, and Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn is a great home base for exploring all this famed region has to offer. Not only does the elegant Spanish Mission-style inn feature one of the world’s top-rated spas, complete with natural thermal mineral springs, but it also provides guests exclusive access to Sonoma Golf Club.
- The resort’s Tee for Two golf package provides accommodations, breakfast for two each morning and one round of golf for two players at Sonoma Golf Club. Rates start at $669 per night, double occupancy. Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn.
Fairmont Grand Del Mar
- San Diego is one of the most geographically diverse regions in North America. From coastal mountains topping more than 4,000 feet in elevation to stark deserts and the spectacular Pacific Coast, itself, few places can match the variety and natural beauty of San Diego. Because of this diversity, San Diego is also one of the nation’s top golf destinations, offering players nearly every setting and ever challenge imaginable.
- The posh Fairmont Grand Del Mar and its Grand Golf Club have capitalized on this by partnering with Torrey Pines Golf Club to create Southern California’s premier golf vacation package. The Canyon to Coast Package offers accommodations for two nights at the Fairmont Grand Del Mar, and two rounds of golf – one at The Grand Golf Club and one on Torrey Pines’ famed South Course, host of the 2008 US Open as well as the upcoming 2021 US Open. Rates for the Canyon to Coast Package begin at $525 per night with a two-night minimum. This includes accommodations at Fairmont Grand Del Mar, golf at The Grand Golf Club and access to tee times at Torrey Pines. Fairmont Grand Del Mar provides concierge booking service to guests at Torrey Pines Golf Course. Green fees for Torrey Pines are paid directly to Torrey Pines Golf Course and range from $140 to $186 per player. Fairmont Grand Del Mar.