The natural beauty of the Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa at The Islands of Loreto and the beauty of the new Rees Jones-designed Danzante Bay Golf Course each are the featured attractions of three stay-and-play package choices this summer.
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa is set within the indigo waters of Mexico’s Sea of Cortez, on the eastern side of the Baja Peninsula (formerly known as Baja California Sur), once dubbed “The Aquarium of the World” by legendary oceanographer Jacques Cousteau. The Danzante Bay Golf Course, which has 11 ocean-facing holes, gently takes players from desert terrain up into the mountains, through dunes and along a lake. The final seven holes will be completed in early November.
Only a two-hour flight from Los Angeles International Airport, the resort features 4,447 acres of unspoiled beauty. In addition to the Jones golf course, the resort has stunning ocean and mountain views, three restaurants, five swimming pools, the 39,000-square-foot Sabila Spa, beautiful beaches, tennis courts, miles of hiking trails, glass-bottomed kayaks, and sport fishing. The resort is also accessible seasonally with direct WestJet flights from Calgary and from Tijuana via Calafia Airlines.
Guests can elect to partake in one of two “Golf & Spa Packages” – the “All Inclusive” or the “European Plan.”
The “All Inclusive” is $267 per person/per night (three-night minimum required) and includes:
- Accommodations in a Deluxe Studio Suite
- Food, domestic and international beverages at The Market and Casa Mia restaurants
- Unlimited golf
- Golf cart, use of driving range and 18-hole putting green (bottled wter and hand towels included)
- Companion guests may choose from four spa services (Classic Swedish, Chocolate Delight Massage, Wine Therapy, Deep Tissue, or Manicure & Pedicure) at Sabila Spa instead of golf. One spa service per day. Appointments are required
- $500 resort credit included per stay (may not be applied to room rate)
The “European Plan” is $191 per night/per person (three-night minimum required) and includes all amenities in the “All Inclusive” package apart from the food and beverages.
Golfers also can select the equally pleasing “Enjoy & Experience Package” for $174/person/night (three-night minimum required), which includes:
- Accommodations in a Deluxe Studio Suite (three nights, four days)
- Complimentary stay for children (up to age 11)
- Two tee times per adult during the stay, with golf cart, bottled water and hand towels
- Use of driving range and 18-hole putting green
- $25 credit for Sabila Spa